Friday, May 9, 2014

Factory Tornado Shelter erected inside Alabama plant | Crest Precast Concrete


This is a 60 person storm shelter erected in Huntsville,  Alabama  2014. The storm shelter is located inside an existing manufacturing plant. Features for this unit include dual doors and stainless steel vent hoods. This storm shelter is engineered for an EF5 tornado event.

Crest Precast Concrete is a per-qualified vendor approved by PICS and BROWZ system and they require an advanced safety program.

[click to enlarge]





[click to enlarge]



www.crestprecastconcrete.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Strong said...

I really appreciate you sharing this info! I've been looking for insights on how to do precast concrete, but since I've never worked with concrete before, I have no idea where to start. This helped a ton though, and I plan on remembering this when it's time for me to start laying concrete.

http://www.copeindustries.com.au

May 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Seamus Lowe said...

I didn't realize that you could get precast concrete in such a big shape. I've been looking for different concrete places to help with a big project. It's kind of like looks like this, but it's going to be for paintball. I was wondering if you've ever heard of http://www.cpcaustralia.com/products. I've been looking at them to possibly use them, but would like some advice on them first.

June 27, 2014 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Keara Littner said...

It's really cool that they managed to make a tornado shelter with precast concrete. I wasn't aware that you could use precast pieces to make something like that. It makes me wonder what other kinds of structures like this they would be able to make.
Keara Littner | http://www.specialtyprecast.com.au/product-four

August 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home